Today (at her physical therapy appointment), Hannah took five steps all by herself!!! (And yes, they were forward steps without holding onto anything!!) YAY HANNAH!! I think I was in a state of shock as I watched it happen, and Hannah's physical therapist was almost in tears! :) She has tried out this walkin' thing two more times today since then--once making it about four steps away, and the second time just a couple steps. I was so bummed my camera wasn't closer for the big event, but I'll try to get her on video very soon so all can see!
Then, not thinking this day could get much better, we received a letter from the geneticist in KC (just within an hour after her first steps) regarding Hannah's tests. And I quote...
"Hannah's CMA (chromosomal microarray analysis) using the 244K oligonucleotide probe agilent technology platform came back normal and therefore no microdeletion or microduplication was found to account for Hannah's macrocephaly and developmental delay. Her bone age was also normal. Therefore, no further genetic testing is recommended at this time."
Wow. What a day! Praise God!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Exciting News...
Posted by Hannah at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Praise the Lord!! We are so excited- it brought Aunt Bessie to tears. Emma asked why I was crying and I said I was happy!! So then she started singing a song about how Hannah learned to walk today :)! We love you Hannah! Can't wait for you to chase Emma around the house next time we see you!
Xia and I are so happy to read this good news! It brightened our cold winter. We wish all happiness, healthiness, and beauty to Hannah.
Brought tears to my eyes, too!! Abi, what exciting news. We are rejoicing with you!!
A huge congrats to you all! Keep up the good progress, Hannah.
It's so nice to see your faces!
Post a Comment