Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gettin' Creative with Cool Whip

So, Mom had heard this idea from a friend back in Tulsa (thanks, Meagan!) as well as from my Aunt Beth (who's an elementary teacher) about letting little ones play with shaving cream. I guess sometimes you can put stuff in the shaving cream and make it into a game to find the things, or sometimes it's just a fun activity for sensory reasons...or just flat out a good reason to let your kids go crazy, have fun, and get really dirty! However, since I'm not quite old enough yet to have the discipline or will-power to keep things out of my mouth that look enticing, we decided to opt for cool whip instead of shaving cream. Needless to say (as you'll see below), the cool whip was a hit and I had lots of fun playing in it...and eating it! It started out nice and neat with just a few clean dollops... ..but after just a few seconds, I went after that stuff and dove right in! It was great! It was like edible finger painting!

Notice the "H's" on my tray? No, I didn't do that myself. However, I am really into learning my letters and can identify about 10 letters of the alphabet now (including H, A, and N...which means I already know all the letters of my first name!).
Time for a bath! :)

2 comments:

Joy said...

What a pretty, pretty girl.

Micah said...

how fun! maybe my mommy will let me do that!