Friday, March 28, 2008

Good news

Just want to pass along the good news and an update that we got a call back from the neurologist in KC last week and all of the tests he ran came back normal! (Most of those tests were genetic ones, so that is an answer to prayer!) He (the neurologist) still wants to see us in person again in two weeks to talk about "what's next", so we're not sure what he's going to propose, so we'll see! Since we've blogged last, we've also now been to see a pediatric allergy doctor. Some have suggested we get my allergies tested, just to make sure that couldn't be causing the problem. I just had my first scratch/skin test yesterday, and we'll do one more round of that and some blood work (for allergies) still too, but so far all of those have come back great, too (no reactions so far!). So, we are thankful that God continues to answer prayer and has allowed all of the tests to be normal/negative thus far! Who knows...Mom and Dad sometimes wonder recently if, indeed, (as some have said) that there is nothing really "wrong" with me...at least nothing that more time (and prayer) won't heal or fix. I am continuing to make slow, but steady progress. I've become a lot more daring in diving for things (and getting on all fours for a few seconds before crashing!), and seem to be really working hard trying to figure out how to get on all fours by myself when I'm on my tummy. We're starting a little more intensive physical therapy this week, so hopefully that will help as well.

Anyways...for a little more fun and smiles, here's just a couple pics mom and dad took of me last night. You see, for a long time now, I have been practicing drinking out of cups like an adult. I see my mom and dad drink with no straws or sippee lids, so why shouldn't I? Every time I pick up an empty cup of any kind, I tip it back and "sip" trying to drink like a big girl. So, mom and dad decided to have a little fun and actually put water in a little cup for me and just see what happened. As you can see, I didn't shy away from it at all...yet not much water actually made it in my mouth! Didn't bother me a bit, though...in fact, I loved it!

We'll try to post more pics this weekend! Thanks for all your continued prayers! We are continuing to pray that God will just help me figure out this crawling and/or walking thing very soon and give me strength to do it. We'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

Joy said...

Yay for the good news, Hannah! We are continuing to pray for you.

Love, Oliver