Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Colds, Custard, and Cows

The past month or so has been pretty busy with celebrating daddy's birthday, taking a roadtrip, and (unfortunately) getting pretty sick for awhile. I had a nasty cold and cough, and we think the cold is pretty much gone now, but the cough still bothers me now and then. Hopefully, I should be all better within a day or two! So, we have lots to catch up on, but thought we'd try to post just a few pics for now. This first pic is me and dad on his birthday. Mom and I took him out to Chipotle for lunch--his favorite! We had a great day celebrating by giving him presents and (I hear) he and mom had a nice meal that evening from an italian place here in town. We also made him a custard pie (one of his favorite desserts). Mom thought I would be a fan of this too, considering how much I love eggs, but...not so much! I took one bite and spit it out pretty quickly. Anyways...happy belated birthday, Daddy! A couple weeks ago we took a roadtrip out to western KS to visit my grandma and granddad. We hadn't been to see their new house yet...AND their new dog, Suzie Q. I loved Suzie (as I love any and all dogs) and wanted to be by her side the entire time we were there.
Granddad and Grandma also took us out to the family farm to check things out. Over the course of the weekend, I got to see real cows, sheep, and horses! Here we are getting pretty up close and personal with some cows...
...but then I think my "moo-ing" scared them away!
Finally, we got to see my great-granny Krebs on our trip, too! I hadn't seen her since I was 4 months old, so it was a treat for me! She had a fun bed that I liked to play on, and I even got ice cream while I visited her!
We'll try to post more pics again soon! Also, several of you have asked recently about results from my latest tests. We were supposed to go back to see the neurologist last week and get results, but about 2 hrs before we left for Kansas City, they called us and said they didn't have all the results back after all, and it would be another 2 weeks! So...mom and dad say we are all just trying to be patient and work really hard on my physical therapy in the mean time! I am making some very slow progress, but mom and dad & my physical therapist are encouraged by that. We'll keep you informed as we know more! Thanks for all your continued prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday Will! trying to call you tonight...

Joy said...

You're so lucky that you can have eggs! I'm allergic to egg whites, and it sure cramps my style sometimes. Do you know how many things contain eggs? You're one lucky girl :)

Love, Oliver