Monday, January 21, 2008

My EEG

As many of you know, I haven't gotten a real good start to my week. This morning, I had to go have an EEG done, and let me tell ya--it's not the funnest thing I've ever done! Mom and Dad say, however, that they really felt everyone's pra-yers and are thankful it went as well as it did. In my opinion, it was pretty traumatic, but mom says it could have been a lot worse. I'm not so sure I agree! Anyways...just thought we'd share a few pics with you from the past 24 hours. Due to the nature of the test, I had to stay up late last night (until 11 PM), then mom and dad had to wake me at 4 AM this morning! Here I am getting ready to eat breakfast this morning...at about 4:30! I was kinda tired and groggy for a little bit, but then I perked up once I got some yummy pancakes and was ready to go for a while!
Having some playtime from 5-6 AM this morning! Definitely not my usual play time, but oh well! I love to play with and give my doggies hugs anytime!
So, we headed to the hospital in Kansas City at about 6:15 this morning. I won't go into all the details of the whole EEG procedure, but mommy says that it was pretty traumatic for me and I was not a big fan of getting 26 sticky electrode things and wires stuck to my head. I finally did fall asleep (which I guess is what they wanted me to do), but was rudely awakened by flashing lights and noises...which, again, I guess is what was supposed to happen!? I sure was not amused and let my mom and dad and that nurse know that I did not like to be woken up that way! The people at the hospital take a polaroid picture of all the patients, and they gave one to mom and dad to keep...I guess as a memento or something!? Pretty sure I don't really care to remember back on this day any time soon! This is after all the testing was done and right before they removed all the electrodes and wires (which are hidden by the gauze) from my head. As you can see, I was not a very happy camper! And finally...we did make it back home and I crashed...hard (as you can see from this picture). Hopefully I'll get all rested from my whirlwind of an adventure! I sure am happy to be home and sleeping in my own bed!
Thanks to everyone for pra-ying for me last night and especially this morning! Please continue to pray for me as I have two physical therapy appointments this week, and yet another test on Friday (the MRI). Mom says we'll keep you informed as we get results back (which should be within a week) and let you know how everything goes! (By the way, so far all of the blood work and x-rays have come back negative, so that is an answer to pra-yer!) Talk to you soon!

1 comments:

Micah said...

will, abi, and little hannah.... we are praying for all of you! we love you guys!

-bartels