Sunday, December 2, 2007

Horrible Hives

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while again, but just as mom was going to post some new pics from Thanksgiving the other night (which she will add following this post), she and daddy discovered something that has kept us a little pre-occupied! After going out to eat and shop the other night, mom started noticing some spots on my neck and upper back. To make a long story short, that was the beginning of a very long, itchy week! You see, I came down with a terrible case of hives...and we're still not even sure exactly how I got them! Mom and Dad don't think it was a food allergy, so the doctor thought it could have been from a virus, or from some antibiotic that I had just finished (from the croup that I had the week before!), or possibly even just from being out in the cold a lot that day!? Supposedly some people break out in hives just from cold, cold weather! So, it's been a little frustrating not knowing exactly what caused this, but nonetheless, it has been a long, sad week! Mom and Dad thought they'd share some pics of me so you all could see the extent of how sad it was and how itchy it was! The first pic shows how it was at the beginning of the week....then, as you'll see, it just kept spreading....and spreading (even to my eyelids which made my eyes swell up pretty bad)!



Mom forgot to take a pic on the day that my legs were covered as well. I had huge welts and spots of all sizes all up and down my legs...even on my feet and up on my bottom! Not a fun experience! Overall, mom and dad said I've been quite a trooper through it all! Fortunately, just this morning, it looks like it's finally starting to clear up, so hopefully it will stay away! (Besides, I'm getting kinda sick of bubble gum flavored Benadryl, too!)

Thanks to all who have been praying for me! Hopefully we're nearing the end of this and can feel good again very soon!

0 comments: