Monday, May 25, 2009

What's new...

Wow. Where to start!? It's been a long month since I last posted on here! We are doing well now...just kind of exhausted! :) Unfortunately, I don't have any great recent pics to show this time around because our camera died on us and we still need to either try to get it fixed or go buy a new one. So...I'll try to at least give you all an update on what's been going on in the Goertzen fam.

The Move: The move, for the most part, went really well...once we knew for sure when we were moving. It's kinda a long story, but we had initially set a move date of May 9-10 a while back when we found new renters for our duplex. Well, about a week and a half before the move date, we got a call that those new renters were re-located for the guy's job, so they backed out of the lease...therefore leaving us to find new tenants...to hopefully move in ASAP. (Which, as you can imagine, also meant re-advertising and showing it to lots of people all over again...and trying to show a somewhat clean/organized home when we're moving in a week or so!) Slightly stressful. But...as always, God is so good and provides just as we need, and provided LOTS of people who were interested and one family who actually wanted the same lease/move in date as the original people who backed out. Praise God! So, we kicked it back into gear and started packing (again), all the while also trying to finish up some last minute projects/lots of painting/etc. at the new house before we moved in. Needless to say, many, many late nights and lots and lots of Starbucks and Mt. Dew drank. Thankfully, we are now officially in our new home with only one room left to finish up with just a little bit more unpacking and decorating in it. Otherwise, we're pretty much all unpacked, have things on walls, have started eating meals at home again :), and are enjoying our new place.

Hannah: With the exception of one week (two weeks ago), Hannah has been doing WONDERFUL and handling all this insanity so well! Two weeks ago, however, was the exception. Poor girl. She started acting pretty cranky and clingy at the beginning of the week, then developed a high fever for a couple days. She didn't want to eat or drink anything. I had one of those moments when I debated back and forth whether or not to take her in to the doc because the last two times I've taken her in they, of course, said it was just a virus, nothing they could do, etc, etc, AND any doctor visits for Hannah are still quite traumatic due to what she's been through in the past. So, I decided to just keep a close eye on her and alternate the ibuprofen/tylenol duo for a while to try to kick the fever. Her fever did break, but she was still just miserable and literally just cried anytime I was out of her sight. She wasn't sleeping well and literally did not want to do ANYTHING but just be held...and cry. Well, (to try to make a long story short) within a few days I officially felt like a terrible mommy upon realizing...after these "spots/sores" started showing up on her bottom and feet...that our little girl had been living with hand, foot, and mouth disease! I called the dr. right away, but they very nicely tried to at least reassure me that even with hand, foot, and mouth, there's usually nothing you can do about it (cause it's just a virus as well), so they probably would have told me in person that we just had to let it run its course. Made me feel a little better, but still felt horrible for the girl. No wonder she wasn't eating or drinking and cried all the time...probably had the sores in her mouth and I didn't even realize it! :( BUT...the good news is she made a pretty quick turn-around within just a few days and is now doing absolutely wonderful! She's back to her happy, smiley self and seems to be loving our new house! The first few days were kinda rough as she kept saying "go home! go home!" but now calls this place our home!

Will and I: Will's doing pretty well...but pretty worn out, too. He's put in lots of work and many, many hours into this new home! He's also been really busy at work, so between work away and work at home, he's pretty much ready to collapse at night! Sadly, his company just laid off 15% of their employees last week, but we are so thankful and blessed to still have a job. Our hearts and prayers go out to all those wonderful people and families who were laid off and going through this difficult time! I'm doing pretty well and enjoying our new home. I'm definitely ready to be totally done with the unpacking, etc. and have this place start to feel like "home." It has been such a joy for me (and Will) to see Hannah grow and develop like crazy lately. She is walking and running all over this house and her speech has just exploded as of late as well! It's been so fun just talking with her more and communicating so much better than before! She blows us away every day with something new and just makes us laugh and want to cherish these moments!

Well, I've probably bored you enough for one post! Just wanted to give an update on our craziness lately! I'll hopefully get a camera up and goin' again soon and will try to post new pics of the little one and our new house as soon as I can! Have a great week!

0 comments: