Friday, May 23, 2008

Physical Therapy

Mom says that many of you have been asking how my physical therapy/development is coming along, so we thought we'd post some pics of my PT with one of my physical therapists, Jill. I work with Megan at home once a week (sorry we don't have any pics of my time with Megan!), then go to an outpatient clinic to have PT in a swimming pool with Jill twice a week. I love the swimming pool (it's nice and heated!) and can't wait to get in the water every time we go! Here's me and Jill getting ready to get to work. Working on kneeling/knee sitting on the steps
Working on standing in the water

I love it when Jill throws me up in the air and I land (and splash) back down in the water!
And finally, mom had to take this pic to show you what my absolute favorite thing is about pool therapy. Every time I go, there is an older ladies water aerobics class going on at the other end of the pool. I have really gotten to know all these ladies, and I think they've become pretty fond of me, too! Every time I come and go, they all wave and get so excited to see me. In fact, they (and Jill) are so sweet and I now usually join them for 5 or 10 minutes of their class and (try) to do what they are doing! Some days, I even lead the ladies in kicks and leg stretches! :) They all love to watch me and play with me (when they're not exercising). I've really gotten to know them and love to watch them while I work! I think I'm really going to miss my pool therapy and the friends I've made there once I learn to walk!

0 comments: