Monday, July 2, 2007

Words and "Where's the juice?"

So, today my mom and I had a pretty busy day, but she wanted to share with you some of the latest news and happenings as far as what I'm doing and how I make her and dad laugh! First, I'm learning now what it means to take a drink, or have some juice or water, etc. I haven't quite mastered the sippee cup without a straw, but I do like to try to take regular (empty) cups and tip them back and "drink" from them...just like my mom and dad. As you'll see from the pictures below, my mom has this container in their room with some small toys in it. I now like to dump the toys out and try to "drink" from it. If my mom or dad ask me "where's the juice?", I pick this up, tip it back and literally "sip" trying to get a drink! I usually give it a try several times....trying to find something to drink in here....before I give up and move on to other things.
I don't know why mom and dad think this is so funny, but they always laugh when I do it, so I give them big smiles anyways!
Also, I am learning (and trying to say) lots of new words! As of today, I can say mama, dada, Hannah, hi, bye-bye (sounds more like ba-ba), dog (which is more like "daw"), and I can make the noises that dogs make (which is basically a very high-pitched arf-arf sound), and I can "moo" (okay, it's kinda more like an "mmmm") when asked what sound a cow makes! Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me! They say that I'm not really lacking in self-esteem, either! Whenever I do a good job with something (like talking or eating well, etc), they clap for me and usually say "Good job, Hannah!". Well, now if they don't say it right away, I take it upon myself to remind them and clap and say "Hannah! Hannah!". Oh, what I'll think of next! I'll keep you informed!!

0 comments: