I've been meaning to post these pics from a few weeks ago for a while now, and keep forgetting! Will had a whole week off (not by choice--mandatory "vacation" for the whole company due to budget/economic troubles) right after his parent's anniversary gathering, so we took advantage of the opportunity just to hang out, relax as a family, and do some fun stuff close to home. We'd heard lots about this restaurant in KC called Fritz's and were told it was must for kiddos especially. Basically, after visiting there, I'd say the atmosphere for kids is GREAT...the food...not so much! :) It's set up to feel like you're eating in a railroad car. You order your food by phone at each booth, then it's delivered by trains above the tables (all but the drinks...a waitress actually brings your drinks!). Pretty neat. They also have locomotive trains that are contantly going on tracks behind the windows at each booth that Hannah LOVED watching and waiting for all throughout the meal! Here's a few pics from this fun little outing.
Later that week we headed west to Topeka to visit their zoo that we had heard good things about. Hannah loved it! You give her animals of any sort and she's thrilled!
Hannah loves riding on daddy's shoulders! She always says "giddy-up, horsey!" when she's up there! Definitely loves her daddy! Right now, Will's actually in Canada this whole week for work. She actually has some trouble whenever he does leave because I think she just doesn't quite understand where he is and why he's not home! Every night, Will reads a bedtime story with Hannah before bed, then we both pray with her. Lately, she has become quite our little prayer warrior! :) She loves to pray all by herself and sometimes says the sweetest, cutest prayers. Last night, she and I read our story and as we started to pray I wondered what she might say about Daddy (since he was gone). So innocently and sweetly, she prayed, "Dear God, thank you for Daddy and...his airplane. And thank you...that...he...be back home in just 4 more days! Keep him safe and healfy. In Jesus Name, AMEN!" Oh how we love and miss daddy! Hopefully Saturday comes soon! :)















2 comments:
Sweet, sweet prayer :) I love Oliver's prayers these days, too! Cherish these times...they are growing up so quickly! Praying for you 2 this week without Will.
Yes we are going to Nick's wedding!!! I'll be getting a sitter for the boys...I totally understand your comment about Hannah not being the most cooperative in quiet church settings :) We need to find out when you're coming/leaving so we can have you over or meet somewhere or whatever works for you guys. We definitely need some catch up time, that's for sure!!
Post a Comment