So back when Mommy started this blog, she really did have every intention to try to update it at least weekly...if not more often! Obviously, that hasn't really panned out (as you have seen), so sorry for kinda falling short in that area! Needless to say, this summer has been really great, but also just really busy, so hopefully now this fall we can kinda slow down a bit and keep you more up to date!
So, where do we start in telling you about our summer? First off, we've had a great time having lots of people come visit and stay with us. Throughout the course of the summer, we've had Daddy's entire family here at one point or another (even Uncle Phil and Aunt Tonya and my cousins from California). We've also had lots of people in my mommy's family here as well--even Uncle Matt, Aunt Judy, and cousins Landry and Anika from Kosovo. We've also been blessed to have quite a few friends here to visit--whether it be for a few days, or just staying night with us on their way to other locations!
We've made many a trips ourselves in the past couple months--including several (and mostly) to see family here in different Kansas locations, plus a recent trip we just returned from to Mississippi and Tennessee! Daddy's also been on several business trips, and Mommy and I sometimes went to visit other friends/family while he was gone.
Unfortunately, I've had several more doctor appointments this summer--some of which better than others! To try to update you all on the latest in that area (but trying to be as brief as possible), basically--no doctor that we have seen has yet to find anything show up positive. (Which is good news--we think!) We went back to the neurologist last month, and he basically said there was nothing more he could do for us. The only other thing he could think of that could be a possiblity is to see Genetics and have some tests run there to see if anything shows up with them. We plan on doing that, however, it's a minimum 6-month wait to get in! (Mommy and Daddy say that's not a good thing, but hey--in my opinion, the longer I can put off seeing another doctor, the better!) We are also scheduled to see the developmental pediatrician in KC again in November. We are still doing physical therapy 3 times a week--twice in the swimming pool. I still absolutely love PT in the pool! And, mom and dad say that they think this has helped me tremendously! Thanks to (mostly) PT in the pool (and work at home), I have actually made quite a bit of progress--even in just the past couple months! I definitely have much more desire and motivation to try to move on my own. Scooting is still my preferred method of movement (which I have mastered quite well!), but just in past couple weeks even I have started bearing much more weight on my legs and can stand really well with a little support to hold on to! I also (supposedly) seem to be very intrigued with crawling and--just in the past week or so--seem to be very interested in maybe starting that soon! So...who knows! Mom and Dad say they don't care which I go for first--walking or crawling. Either would be fabulous! Speaking of my new interests and progress, though--here's just a few pics from the past couple days since we returned from our trip. While we were away, Mommy and Daddy got this idea to build me a "ballet studio" in my room to help me work on my standing/weight bearing. Thanks to my smart and handy Daddy, he had this built for me in no time:

I know--I don't have my tutu on in these pics, but I LOVE this thing! Looking at myself in mirrors is one of my favorite things to do (and has been for a long time), so it's great motivation for me to stand and work on making my legs and muscles stronger! We have some video clips of me standing and "dancing" as well, so we'll try to post that soon!
So...that's kinda the latest and greatest news on our end. Mom and Dad say they really will try to do a better job at keeping my blog more up-to-speed. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued prayers for my development! Mom and Dad have been really encouraged and excited just lately at the progress I seem to be making, so hopefully I will still pick up on this walking thing here pretty soon!
More on our summer to follow...
Monday, September 15, 2008
What a summer!
Posted by Hannah at 2:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What a great (and cute!) idea with the "ballet studio"! It's good to hear from you, Goertzens... Congrats on being TWO, Hannah! Praying for your continued progress, Hannah...
Post a Comment